Arizona State University has partnered with The Princeton Review to offer you free online and discounted in-person graduate test prep courses. Learn more here or within the specific test prep tab below.
Dental Admission Test (DAT)
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
Optometry Admission Test (OAT)
Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT)
Physician Assistant College Admissions Test (PA-CAT)
Please note that a majority of these resources are not associated with a national or professional association.
Letters of Recommendation
- Personal statement handout (.docx)
Professional school program directory
- American Student Dental Association - U.S. Dental Schools
- ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools
(see pre-health advising office or purchase here)
Calculate your GPA
AMCAS Repeat Policy: Grade Repeat Policy for AMCAS: AMCAS counts all attempts of a repeated course, even if your school does not. (Taken directly from AMCAS Instruction Manual)
AACOMAS Repeat Policy
AACOMAS will include all course attempts in the GPA calculation.
ADEA AADSAS GPA Guidelines
Science and Non-Science breakdown
BCP GPA: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry
Science GPA: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry and Other Science
Non-Science GPA: English, Behavioral Sciences, Non-Science Science and Non-Science breakdown
CASPA GPA Guidelines - CASPA calculates a GPA for each academic year. Those GPA’s are combined with any Postbaccalaureate coursework to create a cumulative undergraduate GPA and combined with any postbaccalaureate coursework plus any graduate coursework to create an overall GPA. CASPA will also calculate your BCP (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics).
PTCAS GPA Guidelines
PTCAS GPA’s include courses only from colleges and universities in the United States and Canada, repeated courses, study-abroad courses (if reported on a United States transcript), and withdrawn failing.
- Overall Cumulative GPA includes all undergraduate, Postbaccalaureate, graduate, and professional courses.
- Science GPA includes anatomy and physiology, biology, chemistry, and physics.
OTCAS GPA FAQ's
OTCAS calculates 14 GPA’s for every complete application received. The OTCAS includes all U.S. and Canadian college courses with grades and credit hours at all regionally accredited institutions, including repeated courses.
OptomCAS GPA Guidelines
OptomCAS will calculate numerous GPAs. There will be a running total GPA for each academic year that will add all coursework together for an overall total GPA. The GPAs that will be calculated are undergraduate, overall, post baccalaureate, graduate, and GPAs by course subject.
AACP Repeat Policy
Policies regarding repeated coursework may vary by institution.
- PharmCAS GPA Guidelines
- PharmCAS will calculate a science, non-science, math, and undergraduate cumulative GPA.
AACPMAS GPA information:
- AACPMAS will calculate numerous GPAs (total GPA, science GPA, and non-science GPA).
- The AACPMAS science GPA includes coursework in biology, general/inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, math and statistics, and other sciences.
- Browse more GPA FAQs from the American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
Post-bacc / Gap Year / Glide Year Pre-Medical/Pre-Health Programs
WICHE’s Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP)
WICHE's Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP) enables students to enroll in selected professional healthcare programs and pay reduced tuition.