Explore health careers and organizations
You know that you want to be a health professional but not sure which profession is right for you? ExploreHealthCareers.org is a great place to start.
Just as Arizona State University offers major maps for each degree offering, pre-health career pathways serve as a guide to each health profession. Explore the pathways.
Professional organizations, societies, and resources
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
- Dental-related resources
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges (AANMC)
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
Additional Health Professions and Resources
- Genetic Counseling
- Medical Illustration
- Public Health
- Speech and Hearing Science
Explore professional schools
Pre-Health Websites, Schools, and Admission Requirements
This section allows for you to explore schools and admissions requirements for the health profession in which you are interested.
Arizona Health Professional Schools
We understand how complicated it can be to find all the information you need in one place. For your convenience, the DPC Pre-Health Office has compiled a list of average science GPAs, average overall GPAs, average test scores, and prerequisites for all professional schools, pipeline programs, and post-bac programs within the state of Arizona. These materials are meant to serve as a general guide and are based on the current statistics and prerequisites that were provided either via admissions counselors, websites, or print material. As new statistics or prerequisites become available, we will update our information. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please consult the individual admissions department or visit the websites for each school which has been hyperlinked within the document.
Arizona State University offers courses that fulfill the requirements for health professional schools. Check out the prerequisites for each course.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about Pre-Health at ASU, advising, or choosing a major? Your question may already be answered. Check these frequently asked questions.